Public yoga classes at K-Village on Sukhumvit soi 26: Tuesday @ 5.30pm & 6.30pm, Friday @ 5.30pm and Saturday @ 1.00pm
Mats are provided, bring your own water, payment by donation, love.
#bangkok #bangkokyoga #bangkokcity #yogainbangkok #yogabydonation #yoga #yogainthailand #yogaforeveryone #yogaeverydamnday #yogabangkok #bkkfm #bkkfmcommunityyoga #communityyoga #yogainsukhumvit
With open eyes, and open ears, with open hands, and open arms, with an open mind, and open heart; you will find your way home. #stayopen #remainopen #embracenow #openyourheart #openmind #openheart #loveall #lovelife #loveeverymoment #life #bangkok #yogainbangkok #yogainthailand #bangkokyoga
There are many walls we’ve built within to distance ourselves from freedom. We are trapped inside the darkest room desperately seeking an escape. And we feel this separation in life, because we imagine there is a difference between ourselves and others. We are imprisoned simply by imagining we are not the same. Our task is to free ourselves and to do so, we must believe our similarities unite us. Above all, we are human. Together we can rise above internal chatter which attempts to convince us we are different, and remember the One. Every person on earth is equally deserving of our love and the great mission in life, is sharing it in every way possible. If we accept this mission, there is hope of an escape. We see the light now. Love is the key that sets us all free. #love #lovelife #loveall #freedom #acceptance #separation #nonjudgement #openyourheart #humanfamily #friday #one #theone #weareone
This is called a sun salutation. I like sun salutations so much I do them every day. It’s a way of saying thanks to the sun for letting me live on earth. I used to get annoyed with the sun and say: “Oh it’s too bloody hot! Go away sun,” or “Where’s the sun? It’s so damn cold.” But then one day I understood the sun has a very big job. It’s our life giver and without it, none of us would be here. Now I never get annoyed with the sun. When I feel hot I know it’s warming me up so I have lots of energy to do sun salutations. When it’s cold or goes away for a while, I know it’s telling me to rest while it gives energy to people in another part of the world. It’s a big job keeping all of us alive, but the sun can do it so I say thank you every day.
Patience: stay on the path. Enjoy the uncertainty of life’s journey, all will be revealed in time. A key to each locked door will be given, and behind each door will be the answer you’re seeking. Trust this is true. The path is hazy for a reason. If you could see exactly where it is leading, you’d think you know where you’re going. But this is about feelings, not thought. You’re like a character in a book that’s not yet been finished, and the hand writing the story must see what emerges, before deciding which door to open. Hear your heart: it’s writing this story, holding keys to all locked doors and opening them as needed. Patience.
Practicing yoga enriches our quality of life in many ways. By placing our body in somewhat challenging positions and at the same time focussing awareness on our breath, we train our mind not to fall into its usual habit of distress and desiring to avoid challenging situations. We learn to detach from our thoughts, stilling them for periods of time and by doing so teach ourselves presence. When we are outside the yoga room and find ourselves in challenging situations, now, we have less or no desire to avoid what must be endured, as we simply remind ourselves to keep breathing. Everything passes. This week in Bangkok I’m teaching four public yoga classes, all at K-Village on Sukhumvit soi 26. The classes are on Tuesday at 5.30pm and 6.30pm, Friday at 5.30pm and Saturday at 1.00pm. Together we’ll enrich our quality of life by coming back home to the present 😊 #yoga #yogainbangkok #yogaeverydamnday #bangkok #bangkokyoga #thailand #yogainthailand #bkkfm #bkkfmcommunityyoga #kvillage #soi26 #sukhumvit
I just met this homeless guy who was sitting in his wheelchair with bags of plastic bottles tied on that he’ll later trade in for a small amount of money. He had no shoes on and a thick layer of dirt covering his skin. When I spoke to him he was friendly and polite, yet far more concerned with getting back in the zone of sketching his picture. And so he continued, without a worry in the world. What do you have to worry about? #presence #gratitude #letgo #lovelife #loveeverymoment #life #bangkok #thailand #travel
Some things I’ve learned so far in life:
- We are lucky to be alive. Giving gratitude each day for the privilege of being alive, truly awakens love in our hearts.
- No matter how busy we are, we benefit from spending some time alone each day to breathe deeply and look inside ourselves. If we don’t like being alone without the comfort of television, music or our smartphone, this is a good sign we should go inside. Our fear is often what we may find in there, but to stop running from ourselves and look deep inside is truly the path to freedom.
- Even when we try to treat others with kindness and respect, they will not necessarily treat us in the same way. We shouldn’t allow this to upset us and we mustn’t seek revenge. Instead we should remind ourselves to continue being kind and respectful to others. However it is useful to choose wisely who we extend our kindness to, as there are only so many people we can give time to in a day. Our energy is precious and should be used wisely.
- We don’t need to worry. Everything that has happened in our life so far has arrived us at the place we are at now. We’re alive. If we’ve overcome all the obstacles that’ve been placed in front us so far, why wouldn’t we be capable of passing whatever is still to come? Obstacles in our path are opportunities for growth. Enjoy this journey. Everything is as it needs to be.
- Everything changes, of this you can be certain. When and in which way things change is not always up to us. So we should learn to love change itself. In this way, we are no longer pained when life changes in a way we didn’t expect. We learn the art of acceptance, which allows us to live through changes as if we had chosen them. Acceptance is the key that sets the soul free.
- Listening truly is one of the most vital skills to develop. When we listen we learn. And there’s always something to hear. When you feel there’s nothing to listen to, try to listen to silence. Silence is music for the soul. And in silence eternity is revealed.
- We say we hate suffering, but often we are the cause of our own suffering. To find out what we are doing to bring ourselves to suffer is our task. To be honest with ourselves once we make this discovery, this is our great challenge.
- We must learn to acknowledge the way we feel when in certain situations, and use this to teach us lessons about how we choose to spend our time as life continues. If something doesn’t speak truth to our heart, if it “feels wrong,” then it is wrong for us and we don’t need to justify this to ourselves or anyone else. This is your life and despite what you may believe, you don’t owe anything to anyone. You will be the most joyful version of you, if you place yourself only in environments that “feel right” for you.
- Getting annoyed doesn’t really help us much. Most of the time we need to solve a problem or accept that we can’t do so.
- Most of the time people have good intentions. We shouldn’t imagine they are out to get us or they don’t like us because we feel offended by something they’ve said or done. It may be true, but regardless we should forgive them. They are simply doing the same thing as us: trying to live life in happiness.
- We are doing the best we can. We must learn to congratulate ourselves regularly and stop judging ourselves so negatively.
- Letting go is an inner journey of transformation which requires patience and understanding. We can’t force ourselves to let go, but we can encourage ourselves gently. We often know deep inside what it is we need to let go of, but the challenge is to become strong enough to stop giving energy to that which causes us pain. We must learn to be honest with ourselves instead of giving in to fear. By rising above fear, we let go of pain.
- We have two voices inside us. There is one which is concerned with regrets, fears, judgement, excuses and all sorts of other negative emotions. Yet this is the one who is retaining information about the past, planning for the future, remembering faces, names, stories and other details which help us to form connections with others. So it is necessary. This voice is called the ego. There is another voice called the self, which is concerned only with the present moment. The self is the voice of truth residing in each of our hearts. It is the keeper of inner wisdom. It often goes unheard as the chatter of the ego drowns it out. But listen carefully and you hear it. To find peace in life, the second voice must be acknowledged more than the first. But the first voice cannot be ignored. Our task is to convince these two voices to become friends, by hearing what each of them has to say.
- When we smile and laugh we feel happy, and feeling happy is better than not feeling happy.
- The past cannot be retrieved. The future is not yet certain. This moment is all that we have. Although it may not make sense why things are as they are now, reality should be embraced. Where you are now is exactly where you need to be, because you are here, and here is the only place you could ever be. All the events that have happened in your life so far have arrived you at this place. There’s nothing that needs changing. There’s nothing that’s missing. And there’s nowhere else to be. Let go of fear and love this moment. It is waiting for your embrace.
Forever in transit between fantasy lands, we forget to stop at the place life exists. Let us be done with the past and the future, they were only as real as we chose to believe. This is the time of our celebration, as here in this moment is when we’re alive. We savour the beauty of what is upon us, knowing soon enough it must fade away. Revealing itself at the end of the tunnel, vivid white light illuminates life. The miracle we searched for was this all along: I have been here all along. #iamhere #presence #thepresentmoment #beherenow #thepowerofnow #reality #letgo #lovelife #loveeverymoment
Do you want to know the problem with believing life will be better someday, as optimistic as it sounds? You’re still waiting for something. You’re rejecting that life is perfect here and now. You’re living with the false belief that at some point, life will be “better” than this, as if you’ll finally slot the pieces in their places then freeze them, to go on replaying your perfect day until the end of time. The truth is, life is in a constant state of change. Nothing ever remains as it is, and nothing could ever be better than this. Accept life is perfect here in this moment, now you are free. #freedom #wakeup #awaken #letgo #livelife #lovelife #loveeverymoment #inspireme #hereandnow #presence #thepresentmoment